• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Administrative: Apologies for Downtime!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Sorry we were down for some 8 hours todayt while we switched to our backup of yesterday morning. We have not lost anything, just you might have a PM of yesterday or today that you can't find. If these are important, we can dig them out from our database for you.

All the posts of the past 24 hours will be restored one by one. Nothing is lost. I'll keep you updated. Now Sean is checking and everything is running perfectly. Thanks for your patience!

Asher

Alain Briot

pro member
Sorry to hear about the problem and glad that you have a backup of everything :)

It must be a lot of work to put everything back in working order. Thank you for doing all that.

Alain

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

We've all had days like that.

Best of luck in wrapping up, and thanks for the good work.

Best regards,

Doug

Sorry we were down for some 8 hours todayt while we switched to our backup of yesterday morning.

Asher,

Don't fred, **** happens, but we haven't not lost our love for OPF.

[QUOTEWe have not lost anything, just you might have a PM of yesterday or today that you can't find. If these are important, we can dig them out from our database for you.

All the posts of the past 24 hours will be restored one by one. Nothing is lost. I'll keep you updated. Now Sean is checking and everything is running perfectly. Thanks for your patience!

Asher[/QUOTE]

Sean,

Thanks for your (in)visible contibutions. Although rarely mentioned, really appreciated!

Bart

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Missed you all

Hey all ...I missed you. Asher, glad you, Sean and Nicolas do a good job of keeping all of our thoughts collected and our images in good order.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Thanks Kathy!
As for yesterday, Sean did the great job! I did only the message you may have read when trying to log… Thought giving some info about the "why" should help OPFers to understand and be even more patient!

Once again, Sean did a great work!

One may also have a thought for Asher who as he certainly had a severe stress yesterday ;-)

John Angulat

pro member
No apologies necessary!

I did discover, however, I am quite addicted to OPf! Although going a day "cold turkey" was rough, I'm sure the admins had it rougher.
Many thanks to all who help straighten things out!

Cem_Usakligil

I did discover, however, I am quite addicted to OPf! Although going a day "cold turkey" was rough, I'm sure the admins had it rougher.
Many thanks to all who help straighten things out!
Well John, don't get me started on this issue! Yesterday was the first time in a long while when I had a real day off from OPF. A day-off is actually very nice without the guilt and the withdrawal symptoms! LoL

Cheers,

fahim mohammed

Asher, Sean, Nicolas , Cem...and all involved...thanks to all of you for a job well done.

Season's greetings to all OPF members and readers.

Asher Kelman

Hi Fahim,

When a festival comes up, please feel free to introduce us to the ideas briefly so people can get orientated. We want to broaden our horizons. A window on Islam is always welcome. You are a major resource here and have a great following!

Asher

Cem_Usakligil

Asher, Sean, Nicolas , Cem...and all involved...thanks to all of you for a job well done.

Season's greetings to all OPF members and readers.
Hi Fahim,

Thanks for including me in the list of involved but the fact is that the main body of work is done by Sean and Asher. I just sat back and watched things get back to normal gradually. Again, well done Sean!

Cheers,

Asher Kelman

I hate to see my name on most of the current threads but that's because I've been restoring threads lost yesterday when we put back the forum data base to the Friday night backup. So I had to work with each post, generally one at a time. I have sometimes used a copy one of your recent posts as container for putting back the posts we had up to the time we switched to the backup. So you will find dates might be a day before or after the actual date you posted. Nearly everything is copied back but I do have some more work to do!

Thanks for your patience and understanding and to Sean for being the great fellow he is!

Asher

If a post is missing or a link is still broken let me know. We'll fix it ASAP:)

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

are all the posts completed I think there is 1 missing from Wild Life William Blackford's A Good Day for Seagulls- it was just posted and had 1 response when this all happened-
Thanks!

Charlotte-

Rachel Foster

I hate to see my name on most of the current threads but that's because I've been restoring threads lost yesterday when we put back the forum data base to the Friday night backup. So I had to work with each post, generally one at a time.

It's better than seeing my name all over threads.

D'oh! Someone post here, quick, so my name will disappear!

Asher Kelman

Asher

are all the posts completed I think there is 1 missing from Wild Life William Blackford's A Good Day for Seagulls- it was just posted and had 1 response when this all happened-
Thanks!

Charlotte-
Hi Charlotte,

I still have to check the tail end of the posts that were made on 12/21/08 and also make sure that links are working fine. I'll try to finish things up tomorrow.

I'll check on the Seagulls first. Thanks for letting me know!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Asher

Thank you! I would really hate to see that wonderful photography lost-
Hi Charlotte,

Nothing is lost! I'm just recovering from our wedding anniversary wine tasting celebration with a few friends and family. I'll post a picture with the empty bottles to prove we really did a lot of toasting! Celebration by slowly sipping fine wines one (bought a long time ago) seems to be a luxurious freebie. Anyway, I can assure you that there's really less guilt!

So I'll return to sifting through files. Meanwhile, test links in recent posts and let me know if there's a few still broken!

Asher