• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another Wedding Shot

doug anderson

436606292_wYbm9-L.jpg

This is from the same batch as the last.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Doug,

They're adorable and don't look like they are staging it for you.

You might be able to recover a tad of detail in his dark suit around the seat. Even then it's memories captured and will be appreciated. There's a dilemma in lighting this too well as the atmosphere can be destroyed with clarity!

Today, a D700 nikon or a 1DsIII or 5DII Canon would get the shot with no little flash needed.

Asher

Mike Shimwell

Doug,

Asher completely stated my thoughts. Now I would look to recover some detail from the shadows, which would likely be quite easy with either a 1Ds3 or even(!?) an original 5D. But the moment is well caught and I wouldn't necessarily look to lighten the shadows so much as lift them slightly to give the impression of some detail.

I also like the use of the car door to frame the shot, but find the top left corner a bit distracting. I find these things can be awkward when shooting weddings as everything is 'live', but I might try adding a bit of vignetting to pull the corner down slightly.

I'm sure that they were happy.

Mike

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Doug

I agree with others comments. But I would have croped completely the car door (or darkend it to the max), as Mike has stated already, it is distracting … The couple in the dark would add mystery and magic.
imho…

doug anderson

here's the cropped version

443808641_5LPb2-L.jpg

I've followed NC's suggestion and cropped out the door frame. The question now is, can you determine the context?

D

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
I've followed NC's suggestion and cropped out the door frame. The question now is, can you determine the context?

D

I like it!

To answer your question: no doubt, everything's there:
the crown
the flowers
the dress
her smile
a shy guy
a couple

We're everywhere but at in outdoor movie theater!

Now I would darken the seatbelt (on the left) and would saturate and lighten a bit the blue sky in the background of the opposite window…

John Angulat

pro member
Hi Doug,
So sorry for the late comments. There is such a feeling of joy in this bride's expression. I've come back to the image more than a few times and every time I see the bride's face, I smile along with her.
Well done!