• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Midsummer's Night Dream

Gary Ayala

Shakespeare by the Sea, a local troupe of actors based in San Pedro, CA, performs the Bard's summer tale at Pt. Fermin Park.

376510274_UJJ2s-M.jpg

Ten yards to the south and a hundred feet down from the Pt. Fermin open air theater is the Pacific Ocean.

376508366_jfnED-M.jpg

376525161_vF3BC-M.jpg

376509314_thRg5-M.jpg

The full gallery is here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/6019304_xyvXc#376510274_UJJ2s

Gary

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi Gary,

You have brought us drama! The sky is a great intro to an out door Shakespeare performance! What did you use to get the pictures?

Asher

P.S. The second one might perhaps be opened up with highlight-shadow tool. There seems to be a lot more texture and detail to be found in the apron and her hair.

Gary Ayala

Morning Asher-

It's a shame you missed the performance. It was very entertaining. The acting and directing was such that one became totally immersed in the play ... following the plot and different nuances without the need of a translator.

I used a Canon 70-200 2.8 sans IS, ISO 1600.

We know that plays back then were the prime source of entertainment for all people ... kinda like TV today. Like TV the play had to reach a broad spectrum of people. I shot this with a fellow photog and at the conclusion of the play we felt that play captured Shakespeare's original intent. We could not have been more entertained had we been back at the Globe Theatre with the Bard watching from the wings.

376508448_B6mHo-M.jpg

Gary Ayala

One more thing ... this was the concluding play of the season ... so there was a bit of a ceremony to say fare thy well to the actors and producer.

376529295_4RCt2-M.jpg

Sigma 20mm - F/1.8

376512486_VVAfd-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Gary,

I have enjoyed this series and returned several times. The act of being involved with community theater and the arts has a positive effect on society. Your pictures I hope will thrill many more people and recruit other folk to be involved. On cannot underestimate the social value of your work.

How have you arranged access to the theater and local news sources? Do you have them online? Did you give the theater a CD? Do they buy prints from you?

Asher

Gary Ayala

Gary,

I have enjoyed this series and returned several times. The act of being involved with community theater and the arts has a positive effect on society. Your pictures I hope will thrill many more people and recruit other folk to be involved. On cannot underestimate the social value of your work.

How have you arranged access to the theater and local news sources? Do you have them online? Did you give the theater a CD? Do they buy prints from you?

Asher

Hey Asher- All of the shots were taken from the audience. I have photographed a few Shakespeare By the Sea performances and the producer has sought me out and we have spoken about my images.

I have emailed the producer after my images were posted to Smugmug and there has never been any response from the producer. I'd be happy to give the producer a free CD of the images ... and hopefully develop a relationship where I can shoot backstage, rehearsals, et cetera ... but she doesn't return my emails. Maybe I should be persistant.

Gary