• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Just for Fun No C&C will be given: My first attempt at fireworks

I know some of these are not the best, but other ones turned out pretty good (So I Think)

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

Thanks For looking

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Cody,

Fireworks pictures are always a welcome sight to my eyes so thanks for sharing these.
How did you take them? Did you have a chance to learn how you can improve and have more keepers the next time? Did you take a look at the related thread by Ed Bussa here? So tell us more pls.

Cheers,

I set up in the bed of my pickup truck cause I forgot my lawn chair, thankfully I was glad I forgot it. to many people on the beach with campfires creating smoke on the ground.
I also missed a lot of great shots cause my camera died because the battery went dead on me, and also had to change out lens in mid-stream.
I didn't even see Ed's post untill today.
Here is the stats of these shots.
Picture #1. F/11, 2 sec shutter ISO-100, lens was a 28-80mm set for 57 mm.
Picture #2. F/11, 1 sec shutter ISO-100, lens was a 28-80mm set for 65 mm.
Picture #3. F/11, 1 sec shutter ISO-100, lens was a 28-80mm set for 65 mm.
Picture #4. F/11, 1 sec shutter ISO-100, lens was a 28-80mm set for 65 mm.

Thanks for the link Ed, I'm going to check it out.
I really didn't see the need to use the mirror lock up option on such a small focal lenth, I might of if I had a bigger lens on.

Edit:
Ed, Those are really great shots, where were they taken at?