• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Networking, what you do?

Kathy Rappaport

pro member
Networker of the Year - multiple times

Hi Kevin

Welcome to OPF. Where are you located? Tell us about you. That would help me answer that question for you. Actually "Tell me about you" is one of my favorite lines when I am out and about equal to the old disco days pickup line of "What Sign are You?".

First, I have been very networked for many years. I actually have won a few prestigious awards for community involvement with small business in my community. I am chatty enough to network in an elevator. So the answer to your question might depend on where you are, what your market is and how comfortable you are with talking to strangers.

There are a number of approaches to networking. If you haven't done much or you are a top pro at it there are some very good books on the subject. One is Jeffrey Gitomer's Little Black Book of Conenctions and the other is How to Work a Room by Susan Roane.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Curious, for networking/ mixers etc, what you guys all do. What stuff do you attend? thanks
Hi Kevin,

The first thing is say "Hi!" and that's what you have done, but then you must add something that sparks an interest. So say what your work and interests are and what sort of photography you like to do. That is the honey that people will fly too. The network is starting here, right on these very pages!

So you can find out a lot about me by reading some of my posts today. I'm a full time artist/photographer, and "How about you?"

That's how it's done! :)

Asher