• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

News: Pictures at an Exhibition

I'm having an exhibition of my pictures of stringed instruments at Mission City Coffee Roasting in Santa Clara, CA. The show opens with a reception Sunday May 31 from 2PM to 5PM and runs until Saturday June 28.

The venue is ideal for my pictures because it hosts many acoustic music events each month and is well known to local musicians and instrument makers.

A couple of preview pictures

Mandolin 1620

IMG_1620.jpg

Kora

IMG_5781.jpg

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Chas,

This is great news, many congratulations. I hope that this will be a very successful exhibition and may many such ones follow.

janet Smith

pro member
Love the first one Charles, many congratulations on your exhibition, I hope it works out well for you, and many more will follow......

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Charles,

I have watched your project gain in stature and breadth because of your commitment. Having an actual date for an exhibit certainly gets you off your chair to complete the prints, something few of us do unless we are commercial photographers.

This is excitement that we all share with you. An edition in B&W might unify the different images.

Asher

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Hi Charles
I wish I could attend! I have always enjoyed your "string things"
Congrats for the expo, whishing you the best!

BTW another vote for the 1st posted here, the colors are soooo subtle and delicate, I wonder why one would prefer a B&W conversion!

Charles,

I have watched your project gain in stature and breadth because of your commitment. Having an actual date for an exhibit certainly gets you off your chair to complete the prints, something few of us do unless we are commercial photographers.

This is excitement that we all share with you. An edition in B&W might unify the different images.

Asher

Thanks Asher

The pictures have been printed, matted, and framed, ready for hanging on the 30th.

You can read about my adventures getting ready for the show on my blog at www.charlesLwebster.com/blog

I've printed Mandolin 1620 as B&W and it loses some of the subtlety. I don't have the capability to make good B&W prints so I haven't looked at making prints of the others. Perhaps some experimentation is in order.