• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Small cat - expressive face

Michael Nagel

She is often called the small one, but she has a lot of courage and knows to tell what she wants.

Her moods are very distinctive.

The photos cover a span of three years, posted in chronological order.

Curious:

Angry:

Comfortable/Happy:

Playful (helping to unpack a new lens):

Cats are - once they trust you - very expressive about what they think and even very talkative.

Best regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Fahim, thanks. I hope and think your son will have a lot of joy with the cat.

Cats are independent but can become very attached. Their reasoning (yes, this exists for cats as well) is different from human reasoning. Accept the difference and you find an open path to common ground and understanding.

Kind regards,
Michael

Michael Nagel

Never forget that cats are part-time companions.

She is no longer with us, but in our thoughts.

Best regards,
Michael

I enjoyed these very much, Michael. Always thought of myself as a dog person until a lady friend insisted that I adopt a stray white female cat named Salty. The lady friend and I eventually parted ways, but Salty remained in the house for twelve years. She (the cat) was a gentle soul with an incredible personality. She wound down her days about five years ago and I still miss her. I do not miss the litter box, however.

Michael Nagel

Tom,

I grew up with a dog. When I still went to school, we had a tomcat who was very gentle inside the house, but very wild when he was outside.
My father did not like cats initially, but he was impressed by the courage of this tomcat.
This tomcat stayed with us for more than 9 years until his premature death through pneumonia.
I like dogs as well, but now I prefer the independence of cats.

Here are three more of her.

Her direct stare

Her sometimes incredible sleeping positions (my back hurts looking at this one):

Thanks to her for 14 years we enjoyed very much.

Best regards,
Michael