• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

A new respect

fahim mohammed

For the Fuji X 100S, I have found.

Currently I am in the Maldives with just the
Fuji X 100S.

It has performed magnificently.

I shall post images when I get home.

Wish you were here.

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
Ah! Fahim
The Maldives… I went there a long while ago in 1979…
At this time the airport couldn't "receive" jets… only a small twin prop coming from Sri Lanka…
This is a beautiful place, put in danger as sea level is raising…
But what a blue! never seen that anywhere else…
This is also the place where i did eat in a local restaurant (I mean a small restaurant for local people) the most hot curry… I still remember! Fire! Fire!

Have great time and take care : )

fahim mohammed

Hello Nicolas.

Thanks for stoping by.

Ours was a Boeing 777-300!!
It is heavenly around here.

The blue! And the miles of white powdery beaches.

Regards to the family.

nicolas claris

Hello Nicolas.

Thanks for stoping by.

Ours was a Boeing 777-300!!
It is heavenly around here.

The blue! And the miles of white powdery beaches.

Regards to the family.

I'll be so glad to see your images from there!
Post in blue! However I doubt that the Maldivian blue can lay within sRGB colorspace…
When one shall forbid sRGB?

Regards to your family

fahim mohammed

I'll be so glad to see your images from there!
Post in blue! However I doubt that the Maldivian blue can lay within sRGB colorspace…
When one shall forbid sRGB?

Regards to your family

Nicolas, my friend; how can I possibly not try my best when you ask for it..

p580680014-5.jpg

Best regards.

p.s Might I add one from an evening..

p895076712-5.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
fahim mohammed said:
p.s Might I add one from an evening..

p895076712-5.jpg

Fahim,

I was puzzling as to how the water can change so drastically from calm to ocean waves, in a curve? You just command the waters with a sweep of your desert arm and they obey! Wish we could do that!

Hmm I wonder if you have an infinity pool? In any case, the effect is magnificent....a tad dark on my wife's iMac but a wonderful painting of the sky above.

Asher

nicolas claris

Hmm I wonder if you have an infinity pool? In any case, the effect is magnificent

Oh yes it is!
I guess I take not a lot of risk, observing that on the right end of the curve one can see a "white" built that looks like a separation wall… There are millions of sharks swimming the Maldivian waters…
The aren't so dangerous, they just search for their meals at night!

fahim mohammed

Fahim,

I was puzzling as to how the water can change so drastically from calm to ocean waves, in a curve? You just command the waters with a sweep of your desert arm and they obey! Wish we could do that!

Hmm I wonder if you have an infinity pool? In any case, the effect is magnificent....a tad dark on my wife's iMac but a wonderful painting of the sky above.

Asher

Thanks Asher. Yes, an infinity pool. On two occasions, I captured ( not fish !! ) something really exciting over there. You have to wait to see what it was.

The sunsets were glorious. The beaches for ourselves. ' Wish you were there ' would make it crowded :)

Best.

fahim mohammed

I don't try to find special occasions to capture. But events seem to find me. I just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

So there I am, enjoying my pina colada and lo and behold a wedding photography session happened right before my eyes...

I pointed, as usual, and clicked...

p918294695-5.jpg

Ayesha and I got to know the couple and the photog/team members. Ayesha expects a lot more professionally executed pictures from them.
We shared a dinner and wished them well for the future.

fahim mohammed

Step outside my wall to wall bedroom window onto the stairs going down to the corals..

p236037690-5.jpg

Good for snorkeling..what! Or to just lie in the Jaccuzi.

Andrew Stannard

pro member
Hi Fahim,

Thanks for sharing these images - looks a beautiful place to be! Glad to hear you've found joy with your x100s.

I have the x100 and it took me a while to become comfortable with seeing like a 35mm lens - but once I did the camera has been a great friend, and someone would have to prise it out of my hands to take it away from me!

Regards,
Andrew

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Fahim

"... Wish you were here ..." what a bad, bad joke!!!
Thanks for sharing great blue and incredible sunsets ...
And yes, I'm still messing around for a small camera for travel purposes, may be a Fuji ...?

fahim mohammed

Hi Fahim,

Thanks for sharing these images - looks a beautiful place to be! Glad to hear you've found joy with your x100s.

I have the x100 and it took me a while to become comfortable with seeing like a 35mm lens - but once I did the camera has been a great friend, and someone would have to prise it out of my hands to take it away from me!

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew, thank you kindly for stopping by.

There are a few niggles I do have with the X 100S. I would have preferred a 50mm fl. But that's just me.
I am also concerned with the X-Trans resolution of foliage detail.

My copy of the X 100S did occasionally freeze up. A tap or two ( or on/off ) solved the issue.

In all honesty, I would have liked to have it as a complement to my M system for low light and keep the X 100S for walk around documentary when I needed af and light weight.

My best regards.

fahim mohammed

Hi Fahim

"... Wish you were here ..." what a bad, bad joke!!!
Thanks for sharing great blue and incredible sunsets ...
And yes, I'm still messing around for a small camera for travel purposes, may be a Fuji ...?

Wolfgang; grateful for your generous comment. It is a lovely no fuss no mess one cam system. Does what it is supposed to do albeit I have to resolve a few issues with it as mentioned in the previous post.

Best to you and yours.

fahim mohammed

Gorgeous, Fahim, gorgeous!

Fahim, you're killing me!

Wolfgang, Nicolas.

Thanks once again for the kind words.

I am told that the Monsoon season starts around June..so you still have time for clear sunny skies.

In the meantime, if you were like me you could just laze on the beach..

p1059056555.jpg

or take a nap in the shade...

p673323439-6.jpg

or take your partner for a quiet, secluded dinner as you sat down at sunset for a romantic evening..

p878352935.jpg

But that is just my idea of fun.

As for her, she wants the wind in her face...

p330119858-5.jpg

and the sea around her.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
As for her, she wants the wind in her face...

p330119858-5.jpg

and the sea around her.

This, Fahim, is magnificently romantic! I like especially the last picture! She deserves the air and the scent of the sea! Deserts can be more magical and even romantic, but the sea is richer in life and sustenance and hope. To some extent, it should humble us!Underestimate either one at our peril!

...and to know that waiting at home are so much family and love!

Asher

fahim mohammed

Thank you Asher. Adventure...that's what she goes for. She took lessons in scuba diving in Miami last year in preparation for this place.

Take care.

p.s. She is into stones now. See her two days ago, visiting some rocks!.