• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

HDR in 32 bit

Chris Calohan

Just watched a Gavin Houey video on doing 32 bit editing in Photoshop's HDR merge. Everything does exactly as he says it will until I save it as a tiif file and go to open the file in RAW and that option isn't available. Any clues?

PS every other tiff file in that folder opens fine in Raw.

Chris Calohan

I think I found the answer late last night in that it requires the 7.1 update, though I was pretty sure I alrready had that one. I downloaded the update a few minutes ago and will give it a try later this morning.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I think I found the answer late last night in that it requires the 7.1 update, though I was pretty sure I alrready had that one. I downloaded the update a few minutes ago and will give it a try later this morning.

Chirs, where's the mystery link to his method?

Asher

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Excellent video. When you do it, then it would be important to compare the result with SNS-HDR. A lot of opinion would favor Sebastian Nibisz program. You need windows, (even in emulation, under Parallel in OS X), for it to work.

Asher

I usually use SNS but have found some occasions when this works better. If you launch to Photoshop from Lightroom (4.1+ I think) you can make the subsequent 32-bit modifications in Lightroom which for me has a much better interface than ACR.