• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Zeiss 25mm 2.8

James Lemon

I am seriously considering the Zeiss 25mm 2.8 for my Nikon D800. Pros and cons, please?

You can't go wrong with this lens but why a 25mm if you shoot a lot of landscapes I would consider a 21mm. I had a 21mm on a canon 5d ii. and sold the lens to a optical engineer at U.B.C.

Chris Calohan

I do a lot of interior shots for architects and real estate folks and the 21 (at least the nikkor) has a bit more distortion than I like. Also, the 25 2.8 is far more affordable.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I do a lot of interior shots for architects and real estate folks and the 21 (at least the nikkor) has a bit more distortion than I like. Also, the 25 2.8 is far more affordable.

For interior shots, likely as not, they are not needed to be printed large. I'd consider something even wider or else designed for architecture like like the Canon 24mm T/S II. but you'd need the Nikon version. Unfortunately, it appears that its tilt is not freely rotatable with respect to its shift and yes, it's heavy.

I use the 24mm TSE Canon Version II and it's one of the best lenses I own. I sold all my Nikon and soon this 24mm TSE will have its own adapter for the Zeiss A7r and I might sell off all my Canon gear.

Asher

Chris Calohan

Unfortunately, can't get that lens and the lights I want, too. I think the 25 is going to do close to as good..thanks for the responses.