• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Intro

Rachel McLain

Hi all,

I look forward to the chance to browse around here and post some questions. I'm an art photographer specializing mostly in macros. I've been shooting macros for just a few years, though I did take one photography class long ago in college.

I found you through googling for an answer to the question I will post soon. :)

Rachel

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi all,

I look forward to the chance to browse around here and post some questions. I'm an art photographer specializing mostly in macros. I've been shooting macros for just a few years, though I did take one photography class long ago in college.

I found you through googling for an answer to the question I will post soon. :)

Rachel

Rachel,

Delighted you found us, (albeit just to answer your one important question. I hope you will enjoy the responses and stay, making this your home for the quality of the community. The key is the photograph that's presented. So show us your favorites. When you share, that makes a bridge. When you comment on the work of others that is the fabric of great relationships that have value way beyond the pictures themselves.

Jump in the fray and post pictures that give you pleasure!

Asher

Rachel McLain

Thanks, Asher! I did post a link to my website in another thread, but it should be here, too. www.rachelmclain.com

I will try to stick around and post and comment from time to time, but photography is more of sideline/hobby than a business for me at this point, so there's a lot more in my life that sometimes has to take precedence!

Rach

Rachel McLain

Re-Intro

I'm back. :) Asher's recent email about the exhibition reminded me about OPF's existence!

I dwindled away a few years ago because I didn't have enough time to keep up. I'm still incredibly busy (maybe even busier), but I am feeling a definite need to talk to photographers about art and the business of art photography. The number of shows I've had has dwindled a bit over the last couple of year (in part due to a gallery I was associated with, but not represented by!, going out of business) and I'm trying to break out of my region into a larger city. (I'm in Eugene, Oregon.)

I shoot almost exclusively macros with a focus on transformations through reflections, refractions, and shadows. Water in it's many forms is a huge part of my work.

Glad to be back and I'll work hard at maintaining a reasonable level of participation!

Rachel
www.rachelmclain.com (badly in need of updating, but having some issues my web guy is working on right now)
https://www.facebook.com/RachelMcLainFineArtPhotography