• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

GX7 + Metabones + 1974 Nikon 50mm

Antonio Correia

I digged into my safe and found my beloved 1974 Nikon lenses in great shape.
Last year I bought, when in USA, a Metabones adapter which I was glad to use for this opportunity.
Wide open at f/1.4 with the 50mm Nikon coupled with the Panasonic GX7 I made a few photographs. An exercise to repeat someday in the future when I will try something better ! ;)

i-4JKdJXq-XL.jpg

PanaGX7_front_450.jpg
i-xPxcgP9-M.jpg
i-p8TWHRN-M.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Fabulous, my dear friend, Antonio, to be able to repurpose old lenses. That's what Klaus does and the realty are spectacular.

Great to see you are experimenting. I hope you discover new ways of seeing things.

Not that you need improvement, but challenges give us unimagined opportunities to break the walls that can limit our imagination.

Asher

Antonio Correia

Thank you Asher.

I do need improvement. There are many "things" to learn.

I had some difficulty focusing even, using the focus peaking with amplification.

I will have to try over and over and improve my results.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thank you Asher.

I do need improvement. There are many "things" to learn.

I had some difficulty focusing even, using the focus peaking with amplification.

I will have to try over and over and improve my results.

Antonio,

I had the same initial learning problems using manual focus lenses with adapters on the Sony A7R.

However, in the end, I preferred MF, (with magnification), even with AF lenses. It just gets to seem "natural"! Just the same, each lens requires its own learning curve!

Of course, I have no scientific test to prove that AF is not better where the Metabones adds that function, but I prefer to rely on one technique with one lens for on purpose.

A particularly useful lens is the 20 mm Canon FD. It's inexpensive and super high quality.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Antonio, Asher,

Antonio,

That is so interesting. It shows the ease of MF with the focus area being enlarged automatically in the viewfinder!

But I never realized that focus peaking on the LED screen, without that zoom can be so misleading. Great find and important information!

An excellent point, and a very nice demo in the video. Not a surprise, once one thinks of it, but then one might not think of it!

Antonio: Congratulations to Luisa for her good taste in adopting a Lumix camera!

(As you may recall, my current "go to" camera is a Lumix FZ1000!)

Best regards,

Doug

Antonio Correia

It is my fault if I created the idea that Luisa is using a Lumix because it is me, who is using such a camera, Doug.

She has the little Sony which was shown in the video I posted previously.

She doesn't like at all "large" cameras ! :) :)

Doug Kerr

Hi, Antonio,

It is my fault if I created the idea that Luisa is using a Lumix because it is me, who is using such a camera, Doug.

She has the little Sony which was shown in the video I posted previously.

Oh, of course. I wasn't paying enough attention to the commentary!

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug