• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Minimalism, abstract or interesting

Tom dinning

Registrant*
What a peculiar collection of photos I have.

Perhaps they match the way my brain works - or doesn't.

I do, at times, find myself contemplating the content of the viewfinder and making decisions based on different content.

Less, more, this bit, that bit, what to leave in and out, where to place bits, how much, how little.

The following will be a collection of bits and pieces for which I have no recall or reasoning other than they now interest me, not as content but as displays of my thinking at a particular time of which I have no recall.

DSCF2606 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

What a peculiar collection of photos I have.

Perhaps they match the way my brain works - or doesn't.

I do, at times, find myself contemplating the content of the viewfinder and making decisions based on different content.

Less, more, this bit, that bit, what to leave in and out, where to place bits, how much, how little.

The following will be a collection of bits and pieces for which I have no recall or reasoning other than they now interest me, not as content but as displays of my thinking at a particular time of which I have no recall.

DSCF2606 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Always nice to "see" the almost unique Australian receptacle design, and the effect it has on the shape of the plug caps.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

Always nice to "see" the almost unique Australian receptacle design, and the effect it has on the shape of the plug caps.

Best regards,

Doug

It is actually a Swiss design, found in a Zurich gallery of contemporary art. I was unsure if it was a display or simply utilitarian. Perhaps both.

This is the rest of the installation. It seemed a fitting contribution to the rest of the work shown.

DSCF2597 by Tom Dinning, on Flickr​

Doug Kerr

Hi, Tom,

It is actually a Swiss design, found in a Zurich gallery of contemporary art. I was unsure if it was a display or simply utilitarian. Perhaps both.

Oh, I had (incorrectly) thought from the shape of the plug cap that this was the Australian style.

But of course there was no switch on the receptacle (which I understand is always provided on Australian receptacles).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Hi, Tom,

Oh, I had (incorrectly) thought from the shape of the plug cap that this was the Australian style.

But of course there was no switch on the receptacle (which I understand is always provided on Australian receptacles).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Doug

And an earth pin.