• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mama Miya!

Doug Kerr

A fascinating announcement by Mamiya:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1010/10102906mamiyarz22.asp

This fascinating camera, the Mamiya RZ22, with a 48 x 36 mm, 22 megasensel sensor (clearly "larger than full frame" - how can that be?), is available at an announced US price of $11,499.00. Will, you can certainly afford that.

Now lets see - its crop factor would be about 0.72. That is, if we took the sensor of a full-frame 35-mm size digital camera, 36 x 24 mm in size, and cropped out of it a portion 48 x36 mm in size . . .

Oh, well, algebra confuses me.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1010/10102906mamiyarz22.asp

This fascinating camera, the Mamiya RZ22, with a 48 x 36 mm, 22 megasensel sensor (clearly "larger than full frame" - how can that be?), is available at an announced US price of $11,499.00. Will, you can certainly afford that.

Now lets see - its crop factor would be about 0.72. That is, if we took the sensor of a full-frame 35-mm size digital camera, 36 x 24 mm in size, and cropped out of it a portion 48 x36 mm in size . . .

Oh, well, algebra confuses me.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

For RZ owners, they already know and love the wonderful lenses and the versatile bellows for product and fashion. It's not really an expensive jump in price and an easy decision. The lenses are certainly in the highest echelon of choices for the pro and can be obtained used at good prices. For me, it's just too heavy! Still, it's really meant to be used on a tripod and then is without peer.

Asher

Hi doug.

Well actually in that camera system grouping 60 x 60 mm is usually considered full frame since it is medium format.

Doug Kerr

Hi, Will,

Well actually in that camera system grouping 60 x 60 mm is usually considered full frame since it is medium format.

Then a Mamiya RB677 (56 x 76 mm) would be an 0.97x MF camera.

And that makes my EOS 40D a 2.2x MF camera!

Now, how big is full frame in an LF camera?

Best regards,

Doug

Hi, Will,

Then a Mamiya RB677 (56 x 76 mm) would be an 0.97x MF camera.

And that makes my EOS 40D a 2.2x MF camera!

Now, how big is full frame in an LF camera?

Best regards,

Doug

A quick peek in my latest Kodak catalogue shows a familiar large format film listed as 20.3cm X 25.4cm. By the time the film goes into the camera the rebates in the film holder reduce the picture area to 19.6cm X 24.7cm. I wonder where these values fall on the "MF scale" of camera magnitudes.