• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The forest floor

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

It's dark indeed, but there's light enough to give interesting dynamics.

Tom, you are on an interesting run with this palette!

Just like only walking around with one lens, limiting ones gamut, allows refining work in a small segment of all the possible ways one can devise images. I see potential and some lessons to be learned as you share more.

It should not, but somehow the man pacing across the path in the distance reminds me of such a giant stride by one of Bresson's B&W pictures.

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
These are quite old shots, Asher. There's a patch of plantation forest close by that intrigues me. It's so orderly and contrasts so strongly with the Oz bush. I like to play in it. I've never seen another person in it. It's all mine and it can do what I like. At the edge of the tree line there is a patch of the old forest that is filled with interesting textures, quite different to the man made stuff. Yet both are equally fascinating. If I can dig deep enough I'll see if I can find some more. If not I'll go and play some more.

That's me in the photo by the way. Can you see the remote trigger in my hand?

Very nice group of images, I was taken by the earlier ones as they have a grittynes that I find somewhat haunting, almost like surveillance video. Great to realize that you are walking across the path, it adds even more to the caught you quality of the image. The current image is beautiful, peaceful and rich in tonal value. Very different from the others, less what's happening here,and more spiritual and reflective. Like them all.

Best, Bill