• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Foto Amsterdam (FOAM), Gallery Interior - Amsterdam '15

Paul Abbott

This scene really intrigued me and I photographed it with an intent to emphasize the shapes and lines, and with a view to horizontally segment the scene into thirds. The line of the shadow on the steel wall in the left hand part of the scene helped with that division too. I now have everything compartmentalized with each part offering a different aspect or view. The guy I had waited for and caught in the shot enforced my intent in that third too...

FOAMstairsdecolored700_zpszmunb87d.jpg

Untitled - Amsterdam, Netherlands '15 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

Sam Hames

I love it.

I'm a big fan of compositions that are almost like jigsaw puzzles. It lets you consider the scene as a 2d projection of a real 3d world, but also as a set of abstract graphic pieces. Like this one - lines and shapes and curves and angles all coming together.

Looking forward to more like this.
Sam

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
This scene really intrigued me and I photographed it with an intent to emphasize the shapes and lines, and with a view to horizontally segment the scene into thirds. The line of the shadow on the steel wall in the left hand part of the scene helped with that division too. I now have everything compartmentalized with each part offering a different aspect or view. The guy I had waited for and caught in the shot enforced my intent in that third too...

FOAMstairsdecolored700_zpszmunb87d.jpg

Untitled - Amsterdam, Netherlands '15 - Paul Abbott
RICOH GR w/ GW3 21mm

Paul,

One is just a tease, LOL! If you did just one shot like this, well, let's just enjoy it. Quite intriguing...but I'm hoping you made a set. Tell me you did more!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Thanks, Sam and Asher...
I made no series of images of this place, this is the only image I had taken. In regard to crafting it, there was only one other initial image I took to get an idea of the 'lay of the land', so to speak. In this case making sense of this 3D scene with a 2D image was what I needed.