• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Favorite CF and SD card experience!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I just recieved a notice from Roberts of a promotion for Sandisk CF 12GB cards. here .

Buy several and get rebate in form of a prepaid debit card from Visa! here .

It works with all SandiskIII CF and SD cards.

SDCFX3-8192-901hr.jpg

This brings down the price of 8GB Sandisk III to ~ $98 if you buy 3.

Any other bargains around? Well I'm always checking out Lets Go Digital. Ridaqta seems a great idea.

MY PICK: Right now you might look at Ridata instead of the Sandsisk III and having to buy several cards to get a bargain. A Ridata 8GB 233x CF card for just $83.99 from My Digital Discount .

CFR8G233X-LIG.jpg

I haven't used the Ridata card. Has anyone any experience?

These prices to me show an amazing progress! 8GB is the CF card size large enough for most shoots.

Asher

Before investing in an off-brand card, it's worth doing some research on compatibility issues. I bought a Dane Electric card once--and I gather they are actually a major manufacturer--and it worked in the camera, but not in the Lexar card reader I had at the time. It did work in an Iomega card reader I later purchased.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
David,

Some of the older Lexar card USB readers only support their own cards! Amazing but true!

I guess they thought that people would have to purchase more Lexar cards that way. Ridata is not off brand really. A number of people here have used these cards. We'd love to here from more folks and about other cards too.

My latest 8GB is a Lexar 133 X and it's perfect. But it's a little more expensive and I was looking fro bargains.

Asher