• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Crosses

Rick Otto

A display put out by a church group - "Pro-Life" is the theme..

About a third of the crosses were colored, blue/pink/white... I chose to desaturate - I think the colors distracted from what the crosses were meant to display. I like the way it flows from light to dark.

While viewing this photograph, know that each cross was only about 12" high - and covered a part of their lawn on a busy thoroughfare..

5379862630_b86589fd84_b.jpg

Rick Otto: Crosses

Doug Kerr

Hi, Rick,

A display put out by a church group - "Pro-Life" is the theme.

Nice image.

I myself am pro life - I actually try and partake of it every day.

Or are they actually speaking about abortion law and policy? Then perhaps they should say so.

Or maybe it's a campaign against text messaging while driving.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
A display put out by a church group - "Pro-Life" is the theme..

About a third of the crosses were colored, blue/pink/white... I chose to desaturate - I think the colors distracted from what the crosses were meant to display. I like the way it flows from light to dark.

While viewing this photograph, know that each cross was only about 12" high - and covered a part of their lawn on a busy thoroughfare..

5379862630_b86589fd84_b.jpg

Rick Otto: Crosses
Rick,

This is a very hard subject to photograph. Just the crosses signifies Christian war dead. That it's connected with strong opinions agains abortion is not clear. The pink and blue of the original might help to convey this. I might suggest that you try a version in color but convert it to a paster so that we remove the detail but have the colors. Then one might get the message. It might be good to even have a toddler walking amongst them and that could be the most powerful.

In B&W, a favorite form for my taster, I'd need to get to infinity and stop seeing the crosses at the horizon. This is not a trivial task here, although a great subject!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Rick Otto

Rick,

This is a very hard subject to photograph. Just the crosses signifies Christian war dead. That it's connected with strong opinions agains abortion is not clear. The pink and blue of the original might help to convey this. I might suggest that you try a version in color but convert it to a paster so that we remove the detail but have the colors. Then one might get the message. It might be good to even have a toddler walking amongst them and that could be the most powerful.

In B&W, a favorite form for my taster, I'd need to get to infinity and stop seeing the crosses at the horizon. This is not a trivial task here, although a great subject!

Thanks for sharing!

Asher

Hi Asher..

Here's a taste of color.. I love the idea about the child... However, I looked all over to rent a kid, but no luck and I hear the display is coming down tomorrow afternoon.. A wonderful idea - I should have started on this one sooner!

thanks,

r

5379263857_ff5485913a_b.jpg