• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Distribution

Shawn Kearney

A lot of detail is lost in the reduced size, and doesn't look as good as it does at print size - but at any rate, my latest from the 'Complex Forms' series

6774544999_769e131d30_b.jpg

Comments always welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Shawn,

A lot of detail is lost in the reduced size, and doesn't look as good as it does at print size - but at any rate, my latest from the 'Complex Forms' series

Comments always welcome

You have found yourself a very nice challenge with your Complex Forms series. You describe it as:
This project seeks to find complex forms and patterns within nature, and investigates formal and tonal contrast in naturally occurring species, while continuing experimental approaches in compositions.
I find myself drawn towards capturing similar patterns myself, which means that I also know how difficult it is to make them look good at web sizes. Kudos for your worthwhile effort.

Last edited by a moderator:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Comments always welcome

Shawn,

First, just the presentation. The picture is best shown centered with white space all around it. This allows a picture to breathe and rule over a dominion. Pictures are living things that need space. This picture is detail-rich and so can benefit from presentation at a larger size. So I'd consider posting it at 900 pixels wide. It's good that you tell us your own goal and the direction of your work as that helps frame our experience.

Asher