• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

sign o' the times

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

found this abstract, unreal scene in a backyard of Dizengoff street, Tel Aviv ...
I was attracted by the merging of the bike into the graffities on the walls and the entire surroundings, hope it works on the photo ...

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

found this abstract, unreal scene in a backyard of Dizengoff street, Tel Aviv ...
I was attracted by the merging of the bike into the graffities on the walls and the entire surroundings, hope it works on the photo ...

Indeed it does, Wolfgang.

The (grime-covered) motorbike has broad black curved paintwork blending in perfectly with the bold strokes own the walls. A great place to park this bike as it would appear to be abandoned junk from a distance.

I also might reflect an attitude of anti-consumerism whereby one demurs from washing and polishing one's car and lets nature make its mark

I have never polished my car decades. I rely on the rain. I do not respect the vehicle as some elegant jewel of my existence, status or achievement. So I can find commonality with the bike being unwashed!

I do admit that once every 3 years or so, my wife might steal the car and sneak it into a car wash when she is too embarrassed to ride in it.

I admit disdain for bothering with polishing things, although somehow I still adore the look of a beautiful Ferrari or restored Bentley! So deep down, there is a lot of respect for great looking cars! Just not mine!

Asher

Zeeshan Ali

Love this one Wolfgang. The empty tea/coffee cups on the seat with possibly empty bags on the bike handles makes me wonder if the bike is indeed abandoned. I enjoy looking at images with small little details and this one has plenty for me to immerse myself in. There is also an air conditioning drain pipe hanging loose on the top left of the frame which accentuates the mystery of the scene even more.