• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Gitzo Traveller 1550...

Wendy Thurman

Fahim-

I'm a little late to this thread but since I was in the market for a tripod and considered the 1550 package I thought I'd weigh in.

I passed on the 1550 w/head and opted for the 1541 with the 1780QR head. About $125 more than the 1550 package, it's not much heavier, rated a bit higher in the supportable weight catagory, and the quick release was a feature I really wanted. I've just ordered the legs and head so can't comment from a review perspective but will do so when they arrive.

I should have ordered sooner- I need the equipment for an upcoming trip and don't think it will arrive before I leave (sigh).

Wendy

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have always liked Gitzo tripods but it would be preferred if there was an option of having an Arc-Swiss compatible head as a lot of great fittings are standardized to that.

Maybe Gitzo offers it as a package, but I haven't found it yet.

Asher

I have always liked Gitzo tripods but it would be preferred if there was an option of having an Arc-Swiss compatible head as a lot of great fittings are standardized to that.

There are other brands available that offer Arca Swiss style connections, e.g. Really Right Stuff. The head itself can also be mounted on other tripods, such as heavier duty ones that are less convenient for traveling but better suited for studio or out-of-car work.

Bart

fahim mohammed

Wendy, Asher, Bart...sorry I forgot about this post. Firstly my thanks for your inputs. Moreover, my gradual transition to lighter weight camera bodies and related items is almost complete. The need for
a heavy tripod has been satisfied by a very sturdy table top.

Regards.