• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

flying landscapes

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi

one of my important goals in photography is disconnecting from the accurate documentation of what I see to some sort of abstraction with all its possibilties of interpretation.
I'm curious about if - and from what point on - photography can leave this fixation on accurate copying what I see through the viewfinder.
One way to this is using movement or velocity. I do my experiments amongst others by playing with dop, by moving during a shoot or - as shown here - everytime I'm on a train, I check out, what is possible to explore ... have a look!
These shot are made with a Fuji X-E2, RAW-editing in C1 and finalizing (no filters!) contrast and a bit of saturation in PS.

p36819831-5.jpg

p142444105-5.jpg

p525264246-5.jpg

Hi

one of my important goals in photography is disconnecting from the accurate documentation of what I see to some sort of abstraction with all its possibilties of interpretation.
I'm curious about if - and from what point on - photography can leave this fixation on accurate copying what I see through the viewfinder.
One way to this is using movement or velocity. I do my experiments amongst others by playing with dop, by moving during a shoot or - as shown here - everytime I'm on a train, I check out, what is possible to explore ... have a look!
These shot are made with a Fuji X-E2, RAW-editing in C1 and finalizing (no filters!) contrast and a bit of saturation in PS.

p36819831-5.jpg

p142444105-5.jpg

p525264246-5.jpg

Beautiful, Wolfgang. The motion blur here really gives these images a very calm and with the snow especially, a light feeling.

Photography has so many possibilities and yes, it can record events and show exactly what is right in front of you, and it can allow you, as you did here, to make more --to push further and to actually create. Although different, it is the reason I like doing still life photography with objects that I have expressly set up. It has to do with creating and the camera is simply my tool.
Now, I think that all different types of doing photography are valid; it is simply the intent that is different.

I think these 3 images are gorgeous and show very well what one can do when one is willing to push the envelope. Wonderfully done and great result. Love them all!
:)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi

p36819831-5.jpg

Wolfgang,

This is an achievement! Yes, taking pictures to separate oneself from the reality of the situation is an excellent goal and your are doing well in this first attempt. I find the result restful but can only imagine one at a time. There has to be much white space between each picture so that the abstraction can take over ruling a territory of its own.

The next step is to imagine where you might go further with this, or else what variations you might introduce to enhance the abstraction qualities that your inner mind seeks. Only you can answer that, but I am confident that you will continue to explore endless possibilities to find what means the most to your essence of being.

From what you have shared so far, we are going to like it too! :)

Asher

fahim mohammed

Wolfgang.

Lovely. Seeing the world from another perspective. So many different ways to experience what is around us.

Thanks for sharing.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
p142444105-5.jpg

This is my next choice and somehow brings to my the snow wastelands in Zhivago. Train journeys, sled travel and endless snow!

Asher

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi Asher

mmmh, and it is only Lower Austria :))
Thank you all for your kind annotations and thoughts!
I will work on this project the year over, just curious about, what the results will be ...

Hi

p36819831-5.jpg

p142444105-5.jpg

p525264246-5.jpg

I like your idea of bringing forward some form of abstraction, and I really like the blur of motion. It all works to make the image seem more real to me. Very nice!

Bill