• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

available light

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

since about three weeks I'm using the Fuji X-E2 with the kitlens FX 18-55mm as an alternative to the Canon gear ...

Visiting our kids in Vienna, I did some "training-sessions" with the new gear ... amongst others in the Kunsthistorische Museum (by the way, Velazquez was an incredible genius!!!) ...
(C1 and some contrastediting with TopazLabs)

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Hi,

since about three weeks I'm using the Fuji X-E2 with the kitlens FX 18-55mm as an alternative to the Canon gear ...

Visiting our kids in Vienna, I did some "training-sessions" with the new gear ... amongst others in the Kunsthistorische Museum (by the way, Velazquez was an incredible genius!!!) ...
(C1 and some contrastediting with TopazLabs)

This new camera is exciting. I love that fuji is pushing the envelope on small cameras. I have never been to Vienna and this museum would be a must to visit for me. The first picture I like the architectural lighting inside but the outside seems just a bit bright for the lack of clarity.

The second picture is an absolute joy. The subtle inclusion of the kids on the floor admiring the painting is just fabulous and that you didn't use "HDR" to bring them out in stark detail is so respectful to the balance of the picture. This is one of the few times I'm jealous for not being there myself! Your picture has an air of being another painting by one of the masters.

Will you print this?

Bravo!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Wolfgang,

These are both exquisite in quite different ways! Thanks for sharing them.

Best regards,

Doug

Wolfgang Plattner

Hi,

thanks for looking in ... yes, Asher, I printed it on a semi-gloss paper, it is great.
And basically: photos are not photos till they are printed ... :)