• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Bubble World

Rachel McLain

I sent this one off to the printer today because it was juried into a show (local, but still nice to get exposure). So I thought I'd share it here.

This was taken in December 2013 when we got an unusually large amount of snow for us. If you can't tell, it's a soap bubble sitting on some snow.

Bubble%2520World%2520DSC_0151_3317%2520%2520for%2520printing%2520.jpg

I'm always open to comments and critiques. :)

Rach

I sent this one off to the printer today because it was juried into a show (local, but still nice to get exposure). So I thought I'd share it here.

This was taken in December 2013 when we got an unusually large amount of snow for us. If you can't tell, it's a soap bubble sitting on some snow.

Bubble%2520World%2520DSC_0151_3317%2520%2520for%2520printing%2520.jpg

I'm always open to comments and critiques. :)

Rach

That's very cool, Rachel. I assume this one is frozen.. does it stay like that or does it break down?
Maggie

Rachel McLain

This is in the midst of being frozen. If you look closely you can see it freezing from the bottom up. I'll see if I can upload a larger version. Picasa chunks them down small like this.

Once they freeze all the way, they won't stay up. They collapse on themselves. They lose the color that way and it's hard to see the detail and loveliness of the ice crystals in them.

Rach

Rachel McLain

Hmm, not a ton bigger. It must be something picasa does to them in the upload. This is the version I'm printing a 16x20 from, so it's pretty big in person.

Rach

Hmm, not a ton bigger. It must be something picasa does to them in the upload. This is the version I'm printing a 16x20 from, so it's pretty big in person.

Rach

I'm pretty sure it is, Rachel. Don't worry though, even at this size we can see it freezing from the bottom up. I wonder if you can spray it with a mist while it is frozen if it would break or make it a bit stronger. It's pretty cool, either way! :)
Maggie

Rachel McLain

I'll try that some year when we have cold weather again. ;-)

I'm pretty sure it is, Rachel. Don't worry though, even at this size we can see it freezing from the bottom up. I wonder if you can spray it with a mist while it is frozen if it would break or make it a bit stronger. It's pretty cool, either way! :)
Maggie