• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Roses in Black and White

In my garden I have a huge rose bush with Thérèse Bugnet Roses. I so prefer them to the commercial Valentine's day type roses. They are lush and aromatic and I just love it when they are completely open as they get all crinkly and wonderful. Here are a few. I hope you like them.

theresebugnetframed2.jpg

Thérèse Bugnet I ©Maggie Terlecki 2014

theresebugnetframed1.jpg

Thérese Bugnet II ©Maggie Terlecki 2014​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
In my garden I have a huge rose bush with Thérèse Bugnet Roses. I so prefer them to the commercial Valentine's day type roses. They are lush and aromatic and I just love it when they are completely open as they get all crinkly and wonderful. Here are a few. I hope you like them.

theresebugnetframed1.jpg

Agreed! This second one is my fave too! I like the steps down from the upper bloom!

Asher

Paul Abbott

Maggie, these are beautiful images. Your processing of them is wonderful too, it looks like it brings out so much of the texture in those petals.

Thank you Chris, and Asher. I also believe the second one has a more dynamic composition. Whenever you have a pair it is only normal I think that one gets compared to the other. They are a set though, to be put together as I made the tones exactly the same, I processed them exactly the same and they are the same height and width. Thanks for taking the time to comment. :)

Paul, I'm glad you like the processing. I am not much of a one-button fix-it type of girl, so I pull those texture out selectively in PS as I think they are essential to these image. I'm glad you like them. Thanks for the kind comment. :)
Maggie

Asher Kelman

theresebugnetframed1.jpg

Maggie,

I wonder how this would be without the beautifully massive black areas of the surrounding matte. This flower arrangement is very bold and the steps in the levels of the roses might very well not need the balancing support of the black elements.

As a work of art, which I think this is at its core, can it stand on its own? I think it can!

Can we try it?

Asher

Asher, when I print these out, they never have a border and I never add borders to any of my original images; they are only for online so that I can give it a title and/or add copyright information or so they look nice on my website etc., I think you believe I have these on when I print? lol - seriously, no. :)
Maggie

Rachel McLain

Beautiful work, Maggie!! How do they smell??

I have a similar looking rose in my yard that is dark red/maroon (which this one clearly isn't or else it wouldn't photograph that way), but what I love so much about this rose is that it smells strongly of lemon.

Rach

Beautiful work, Maggie!! How do they smell??

I have a similar looking rose in my yard that is dark red/maroon (which this one clearly isn't or else it wouldn't photograph that way), but what I love so much about this rose is that it smells strongly of lemon.

Rach

Thank you, Rachel. They are pink, Rachel. Here is what the photo looks like in color. They smell like roses and cinnamon. Yum!

pinkrose.jpg

Asher Kelman

Asher, when I print these out, they never have a border and I never add borders to any of my original images; they are only for online so that I can give it a title and/or add copyright information or so they look nice on my website etc., I think you believe I have these on when I print? lol - seriously, no. :)
Maggie

Maggie,

In the continuation of my current swirl of activity, after the logo is done for OPF/Gallery One and the exhibition walls are set, then I will find the IT guy I need to help me update the site and give you the option of a charcoal b.g.....and video.

Asher

Maggie,

In the continuation of my current swirl of activity, after the logo is done for OPF/Gallery One and the exhibition walls are set, then I will find the IT guy I need to help me update the site and give you the option of a charcoal b.g.....and video.

Asher

I'm especially happy that you will also have video. I believe this is a BB forum and I think it is easy to implement. I can't wait to see the new Logo.. didn't know you were having one done. :)

Asher Kelman

I'm especially happy that you will also have video. I believe this is a BB forum and I think it is easy to implement. I can't wait to see the new Logo.. didn't know you were having one done. :)

The new logo is for OPF/GalleryOne as we need the heritage of OPF but the special added selected relevance of a jury curated, but diversely representative art gallery of unquestioned value.

Otherwise the OPF logo would be perfect'

Thanks to Nicolas Claris Inage Builders for our branding for OPF and the page design!

Asher

Jerome Marot

theresebugnetframed2.jpg

theresebugnetframed1.jpg

This is magnificent. I like them very much. I agree with Paul that the processing is right on.