• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

50 Shades of Us

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Portrait Photo William Blackford/ Shades Photo and Art Charlotte Thompson​

Charlotte,

So is this your transparency layered art or his total work? In any case, can you also post a version a little opened in the blacks, as any shades there are lost in the crushing of the file to get to sRGB 8BIT and then be displayed on my laptop. I will also look at the file on my calibrated Eizo. I would like to see whether you have allowed the various darker tones to still be appreciated. Right now, there's a lot of zones of seemingly continuous black - but that could be the intent.

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

William Blackford Portrait of me and " Shades" my photo to the left. My art conception rendered but not one of my overlays The extra black space is my doing-my conception. I love the compartmental look.

C.

Charlotte Thompson

James
Thank you. I am contemplating a series with this kind of art photography which will involve strange new ideas to concept photography. Perhaps " 50 Shades of Hours" Just kind of came to me very slowly and I became a bit overwhelmed thinking "what" how" but it's coming nonetheless. Something a lot different than my overlay work.

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Asher

William Blackford Portrait of me and " Shades" my photo to the left. My art conception rendered but not one of my overlays The extra black space is my doing-my conception. I love the compartmental look.

C.
So, then Charlotte,

Excluding the wide black border surrounding this wonderful, (two-author) diptych, just looking at your work on the left, could you repost that larger so I can look at it on my better monitor to see the shades of black.

That would be a delight. From experience, you do not generally simply crush blacks to nothingness. However, with the size of your picture it's hard to "get" everything into my older brain, LOL! I am trying to experience this work more fully! ?

Asher

Tom dinning

Registrant*
Is it a dyptych, collage, overlay, montage, juxtaposition, simile, contrast?
I see two very distinct images, and I don't mean metaphorically. Or is that my iPad or possibly my aging eyes.
I know an iPad is a poor mans way of viewing art but it's the best I have at hand.
I'm not really sure if I'm supposed to read anything into this. It's certainly a beautiful image to look at.
And those eyes again. Your Royal Highness, once again you have rendered my muesli quite tasteless in comparison.

It would be nice to see what else you come up with and the thinking behind it all.

Charlotte Thompson

Antonio

Many Thanks!

Asher
I tried to make the photo larger because of the way I made it it can't be made larger-

Tom
Thank you. I am certainly trying something new. Your encouragement means a lot my friend.

Asher Kelman

Antonio

Many Thanks!

Asher
I tried to make the photo larger because of the way I made it it can't be made larger-

Charlotte,

I do love it as it is. Once again, as I pointed out on Tom's picture of 5 men +1 girl, the black marks here are magnetic in getting our attention and drawing us in. Must be something primal, like awareness of the possibilities, good and horrific in where there's no light.

But this also rewards us when we look closer. Bravo!

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

You are too kind! I always love a dramatic look and feel emotionally in art. There is a lot of dark yes {thank you Sister Hubertine] but also you will find light…

the beauty of soul struggles inside all of us- without darkness you will never see light.

Charlotte-