• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

50 Shades of Hours 3

Charlotte Thompson

James
Thank you. I have no idea the end result but where this is taking me is such a new idea that exploring it is challenging -frustrating and weird for me but I am liking it! Maybe if it is intriguing as your lovely comment I will further endeavor.

C.

Charlotte Thompson

Hi James

I might have a too complicated piece of work or I may have a too boring piece of work. Tis the only thing I can can think of. Either way I appreciate your continued interest in this project. I am a mad scientist wrapped up in a photographers cloak or something like that. Thank you-

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I am intrigued ...and am really enjoying this new theme! Do you have any idea of the end result of this project of yours?

There's alchemy here, Charlotte! That bird is like some messenger. But does it bring hope or is it akin to the Ides of March?

BTW, is this a reduced size for the web of a picture you can print at a good size or are you actually making tiny pictures just for us?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

I know you are having trouble with the idea of small but think of it as film. When making these as I have said before is all about compression. Each shot is compressed inside a black box therefore rendering them as smaller/albeit film like . Thus the idea for this project. As if you were watching time pass/film images of time and human soul as it sees itself. The idea actually came through me seeing James Lemon's Josh and Badass. As I mentioned in the Josh shot reminded me of 50 Shades of Grey/film then days later an idea moved through me. This is my project so far. I love Alchemy ! When I am finished I am going to put together a video of 50 Shades of Hours.

C.

https://www.lensculture.com/articles/nikita-pirogov-diptychs#slide-14

I just found this article sort of the same idea -

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Asher

Also and yes I could print these to any size via Alpha Graphics!

C.

Is alpha Graphic a print service or is it software? What is the files size resolution of your finished artwork when you do these transparencies? Is it something like 1200x1200 or more like 5,000x5,000?

Asher

Charlotte Thompson

Alpha Graphics did all my print work for the exhibition in May. Files sizes range 5120x2880 pixels 451 KB
the others very close to the same sizes