• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Abstraction from Calla Lilies II

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Here the same method. The image flowers are in front of reflective membrane. From there, some artwork and painting.

Cala Lilly Abstract_4.jpg

Asher Kelman: Abstraction from Cala Lillies II

Photoshop CC 2015 & Topaz Impression mixed media.

Sony A7R Leica Summicron 50mm 1.4

One derived work from one set of stitched images.

Asher

fahim mohammed

I like the tones in this one. A new direction for you? If so, well worth pursuing. So many combinations to envision and execute!

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Here the same method. The image flowers are in front of reflective membrane. From there, some artwork and painting.

A lovely work. Marvelous technique.

The calla (often called "calla lily") is the favorite flower in our home, in part because of the pun with "Carla".

Some might ask, "is this photography"? And if we had an answer to that, what would we do with it?

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

A lovely work. Marvelous technique.

The calla (often called "calla lily") is the favorite flower in our home, in part because of the pun with "Carla".

Some might ask, "is this photography"? And if we had an answer to that, what would we do with it?

Doug,

Photography has been from the outset connected with sketching and the camera obscura was invented and used extensively as a basis for making paintings with good representation of the "camera's" field of view.

In film photography, many of the masters has no big conflict to using inks, paint, pencil, overlays and combinations thereof to alter what was "in" the picture. Art abstracted from a "light captured" scene is just an obvious and unabashed extension of the process.

So perhaps we need a new adjective to describe this extensive use of such artifacts without using the negaive term, "manipulation", as unlike the classical pictures of old, there's no pretense of verisimilitude!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I like the tones in this one. A new direction for you? If so, well worth pursuing. So many combinations to envision and execute!

Fahim,

Thanks for you visit!

The tones here are more gentle, in just this instance, as the nature of the image out of the camera has more extensive areas of white and light tones. I appreciate the drama and mystery of darkness, but I also love subtlety and nuances expression where the feast of ideas is presented as to a guest and not hidden in the dark recesses floor us to have to imagine.

Asher

James Lemon

Nice use of light, tone here, it has a 3d feel to it.I like this for its abstract nature ,not a total escape from reality but close to the edge of the garden.

Charlotte Thompson

Asher

What I like so much about this one is how it moves. The shadow drives us back and forth from top to bottom. I love that effect! In the center I see white doves flying through. Nice touch. Although I can also this as a pond has a water like effect- still with the moving doves gliding through water-Surreal and very cool!

Charlotte-

Asher Kelman

Thanks James,

Yes, it's abstracted but still rooted in some reality. The bottle of wine was not entirely finished up, LOL!

Charlotte,

I'm so glad it speaks to you and that you can bring to it your own magic!

Asher