• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

calibrator or whatever you call them...

Let's face it, I know nothing about these. Except what I read in books.
I saw Andrew Rodney reappearing, so I take my chance:
I have a low budget...
I still want to buy something to make my colours more accurate...
I found these but I have no idea what really makes the difference...
I have an LCD that comes with my Toshiba Laptop.

Here we are:

Spyder 3 express

Pantone Huey

Spyder 2

maybe there are some others, less than £80 (125 USD) Second hand is OK I suppose....
I tried to find some to rent, I tried to ask to some printing company to help me, I posted a classified at the arts uni in Brighton, no success...

I am a bit lost.
Thanks!

Hi! (I catched you! :) )...slightly off-budget for a new one (£90) but I really don't know what to take into consideration.... I'm really looking forward a second hand one, cheap...

I see that I can have a spyder 2 for about 50 euros... wonder if....

Doug Kerr

Hi, Sandrine,

French Joke : An old catholic lady walks to a reading man ..."Hey what are you reading sir?" "I'm reading the Bible Ma'am""Oh in which language is it, I cannot see""Hebrew Ma'am""Oh! they eventually translated it in Hebrew then"
Yes they did, in the case of the New Testament (maybe except for Matthew), from its original language, Koine Greek, and, for a few parts of the Old Testament, from Aramaic.

Best regards,

Doug.

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Sandrine,

I have an old Spyder2 which I no longer use. If you want to, I can send it to you. You will need to find & download the proper/recent software to use it since the one I have is quite outdated by now. Just send me a PM if you're interested.

Cheers,

You know what: I join my voice to that thread:

The kindness of OPF

Cem just done me favour....
So I say hiphiphip hurray!!!!

For he's a jolly good Fellow......!

I really think this year is starting well!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

a portal, just for you

Lewes_0018.jpg

Lewes, England

No art though, just to show that the some gems are hidden below the Ivy...

Yes I must thank Cem again,
It's the 4th time I calibrate my laptop, and now, I do that like a routine job...
Apart from the fact that I have better images to show, I learned a skill that, of course, will be valuable in any job...Or just for my general photographic culture.
Cheers mate!