• Guide: Pictures are the best way of describing what is for sale. Please describe any nicks, defects, missing parts and if a lens or camera, source and serial number, if available.

The recycling of unused gear helps this community! Good luck!
  • This forum is for contributors with a track record of substantial posts on phottography. Post such as "great picture" don't count. We routinely soft-delete "for sale" posts from those who have not, as yet, really participated as described above.
  • Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

FS: (UK/EU) Canon 50mm 1.4 USM Lens

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

Well if I've bought the 50L then I'm afraid that my wonderful 50mm 1.4 has to go. Incredible copy of the lens, the only one I've never had to send in to canon for focus calibration. Sharp at f1.4, sharper and great bokeh by 1.8 and by 2.8 beats any other canon lens I own including all the L zooms and even the 50L! Been used from pro wedding work (my most used lens) to street to fine art and portraiture. Small, light and just so versatile.

50mm_001.jpg

50mm_002.jpg

50mm_003.jpg

50mm_004.jpg

Slight scuff mark on the front near the '50mm', a tiny chip on the back, the glare on the lens contact plate is just a reflection.

Comes boxed with both caps and a e-bay bayonet hood which has been on the lens for the past 5 years to protect the delicate focusing barrel. Glass is clean and I cannot see internal dust from a normal inspection. Slight outgassing marks on the rubber focus ring as is normal with lenses after a few years.

I hope this wonderful lens can find a good home!

£220 + £10 Special Delivery or £15 AirSure insured service to the EU.

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Cummon people, bit silly of me now owning three 50mm lenses! :). If anyone wants to do a direct bank transfer then I'll knock the price down to £200. That's a great price for an excellent copy of this lens. Please note that the white marks on the focusing ring have been cleaned off, it was just UV marks apparently and came off easily, the ring is now like new. I will try and get new pics up soon.