• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Skyscapes shot with a Ricoh GR

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
_N000617.jpg

_N000624.jpg

_N000773.jpg

_N001041.jpg

No tricks, no photoshop, direct export from LR5.2 (RC)…

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
_N000624.jpg

My favorite. Reminds of the jet trails after an air show and this one is nature-made!

Very energetic and just right for the 28mm capture of this camera!

Asher

Paul Abbott

I think there could be a problem with this camera when it comes down to underexposed/ dark images showing 'concentric ring artifacts' after increasing the exposure. I noticed these in your last image...
I don't know what causes it or if it's anything to do with the aspheric lens elements at all?
I haven't noticed anything like this occurring with my unit so far...I wonder if it's limited to a certain batch of GR's?

nicolas claris

OPF Co-founder/Administrator
@ Asher
shot in Cabo de la Nao, Costa Blanca - Spain on August 8 at 23:24

@ Paul
You’re perfectly right, below are the settings. It can (I should have) disappear/be hidden with some precise vignette settings.
I think that it is mostly because of the long exposure and one may get some incamera reflections. I’m sure that Bart can bring us some interesting insights…

8,0 s; f/2,8; ISO 200
Settings in LR5 : ƒ stop + 3 (!) - contrast -25 - Highlight +100 - shadow + 100 - Black -42