• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Volcanic Lake Views

Robert Watcher

Just south west of San Salvador, is a stunningly beautiful volcanic lake Lago de Coatepeque. It is an easy drive up to the rim of the massive lake (safe for swimming). After sitting there for a while and taking in the view, we headed down the twisty roads so that Anne could put her feet in the water (she does this with every body of water she has come across).

In order to gain entrance to the water edge, it is necessary to enter one of the restaurants or private properties that own all of this real estate. As long as we purchased a drink, we were able to gain access to this establishment that was built out into the water. It gave me a gorgeous view of the tallest section of the lake ledge as the sun was moving down to the horizon.

I noticed this curved seating area that framed the scene beautifully. But also noticed as I moved around, that the sun would seep through one of the cracks if I had my lens lined up perfectly. I zoomed in with my long zoom lens and capture the layering the mountain wall. There is simply nothing that matches such a view when the low sun is defining the different layers - that are barely noticeable during daytime or flat lighting.

DC86C871-C3C8-450E-9C50-6A03A2C8D864.jpg

665D5815-1A24-47AB-AD2A-1872184411D2.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Just south west of San Salvador, is a stunningly beautiful volcanic lake Lago de Coatepeque. It is an easy drive up to the rim of the massive lake (safe for swimming). After sitting there for a while and taking in the view, we headed down the twisty roads so that Anne could put her feet in the water (she does this with every body of water she has come across).

In order to gain entrance to the water edge, it is necessary to enter one of the restaurants or private properties that own all of this real estate. As long as we purchased a drink, we were able to gain access to this establishment that was built out into the water. It gave me a gorgeous view of the tallest section of the lake ledge as the sun was moving down to the horizon.

I noticed this curved seating area that framed the scene beautifully. But also noticed as I moved around, that the sun would seep through one of the cracks if I had my lens lined up perfectly. I zoomed in with my long zoom lens and capture the layering the mountain wall. There is simply nothing that matches such a view when the low sun is defining the different layers - that are barely noticeable during daytime or flat lighting.

DC86C871-C3C8-450E-9C50-6A03A2C8D864.jpg

Robert,

This personal travel encounter and approach to actually achieving the view you caught is a gift to us I always appreciate.

For sure, the picture has a voice of its own, but your description adds so much more human dimension.

The exclusive privacy of God-given beauty is such a painful example of privilege. But your ability to purchase a drink got you in nonetheless and it’s so worth the price of the ticket!

Asher