• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Which Mouse?

Ben Rubinstein

pro member
Hi,

I'm looking for a new mouse. It has to be wireless, not travel sized and a mouse not a trackball, etc. Fairly ergonomic. Here's the interesting bit, I want one with two buttons on the left side under my thumb that can be programmed, one for 'Ctrl' the other for 'Shift'. Most mice use these buttons for a certain narrow set of options but I've not seen these two. Any ideas?

It totally depends on the size and shape of your hand. I have long, narrow hands so I find the Microsoft mice to be to "chunky" and my "ideal" mouse is an old Sony one that came with a Vaio computer purchased a decade or more ago.

I like having a wireless connection, especially with my laptops, but for my desktop computer a wire is fine because it's in the same place all the time and I can take the time to route it so it doesn't tangle.

Mice are like small digital cameras, they all do mostly the same things, mostly with the same effectiveness. The difference is the user interface, are the buttons too small, etc.

<Chas>

Erie Patsellis

pro member
Hi,

I'm looking for a new mouse. It has to be wireless, not travel sized and a mouse not a trackball, etc. Fairly ergonomic. Here's the interesting bit, I want one with two buttons on the left side under my thumb that can be programmed, one for 'Ctrl' the other for 'Shift'. Most mice use these buttons for a certain narrow set of options but I've not seen these two. Any ideas?

Google X-mouse, if the mouse driver supports those buttons, as one would imagine they would, then you can use X-mouse to remap them to anything you want.

See their website here

It's actions are also configurable by what program you are in as well. It's a very, very handy tool.