• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Another spanish soccer pic (R. Madrid vs Getafe)

Helguera (white) and Alexis (blue) fighting for the ball during the last match bwt Real Madrid vs Getafe.
Hope you enjoy the pic.

IMG_2586wcaborian.jpg

Jose Luis Sanchez

Nill Toulme

Very nice, Jose Luis. Is this full frame? This is another one where I would have cropped a bit of dead space off the left, maybe as a 5x7 or 8x10 ratio. What lens are you using, on what body?

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

Yes Nick (not FF), some crop for the right and down. For soccer i use 300 f2.8 on a 20D and 70-200 f2.8 on a 1DMk2. Parameters in this case: Manual, AI Servo, ISO 1600, v1/500 f 2.8 , 20D+EF300IS f2.8 (very bad lights conditions in Getafe Stadium).
Jose Luis Sanchez

Jim Kenny

ouch !

I bet that left cleat marks on Helguera left knee.

razor sharp !

I kinda like the crop loose like that with the crowd in the background ... beside the photographer on the other sideline gets a little time in the print : )

great stuff !

Jim

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Jim Kenny said:
ouch !

It's almost as that is on purpose!

I like the capture of a peak moment of action and the intensity. The blur of the crowd is great but the crowds presence add a dimension to the image.

Great!

Asher

Jan Luursema

Jim Kenny said:
ouch !

If I'm correct the foot is actually in front of his leg and not touching the leg. It would be halfway through his leg otherwise, which would be a little strange, and Helguera would probably look a lot less happy :)

Nill Toulme

But the toe is bent back by something, and it looks to me like it's Helguera's knee. I think Helguera's reaction must have come in the next frame. ;-)

And it looks like he just barely missed a more dire collision with the right foot!

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net