• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Anyone using Astropad ?

Antonio Correia

I would like to know about your experience on using this app.

I have just bought an iPad Pro and the idea seems tempting... very !

Thank you ! :)

i-SKbRDft-XL.png

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Never heard of it, but I also have an iPad I bought for attaching my 3D Structure™ scanner. I should be using it more and was thinking of loading it with mobile Lightroom, (which I don't yet use) and working with picture on the go.

This app seems to have potential. Are you going to review it for us?

Asher

Antonio Correia

Perhaps Asher.

I have been very attracted by the power of using it with Photoshop while using the brushes to enhance certain areas.

:)

Antonio Correia

Because the large screen is very good for evaluation... I guess. :)

And you must have the program installed while with Astropad the program is in the computer.

Am I wrong ?

Last edited:
I received Astropad recently and wrote a review for it (bottom of page).

The main reasons you would use this are, you can't afford a Cintiq and you want to interact with Mac desktop-only apps (the main one being Photoshop) on an iPad (or even iPhone) that you already own.

You can play with the iPhone version for free (desktop+mobile versions); the tablet version costs $30 (Mac host version is still free).

Antonio Correia

Mike. I almost forgot to drop you a line about your post...

Thank you for the tip. I have been there and read it carefully but now, I will have to try it.

A couple of years ago I bought a Sintic which I do not use anymore because I did not like or perhaps didn't adapt to work with. And it was cumbersome. Boring.

But now with the iPad thinks can be a little different. I will have to give a try.

Thank you ! :)