• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

TORONTO says HI

jacob smith

Hi guys, made my 1st post already, but here's my first official hello.

Looks like a great forum, can't wait to dive into it.

:)

Joel Slack

I'm just the new guy, but the more the merrier! I'll bet that Toronto is a great city in which to shoot. I'm stuck in a smallish Texas town of only the most humble interest, photographically. I imagine a great city like Toronto (or Chicago, or etc.) would be bursting with opportunities! I like architecture and cityscapes (though mainly I'm a nature guy), but there's no doubt that cities offer fantastic subjects.

I tend to ramble, in case you hadn't already picked up on that.

Welcome aboard~

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Welcome to Jacob and Joel!

I like your spirit and look forward to sharing ideas and images.

Look around there's a lot of areas to post in! If you have any questions ask in Layback Cafe!

Asher

jacob smith

Joel Slack said:
I'm just the new guy, but the more the merrier! I'll bet that Toronto is a great city in which to shoot. I'm stuck in a smallish Texas town of only the most humble interest, photographically. I imagine a great city like Toronto (or Chicago, or etc.) would be bursting with opportunities! I like architecture and cityscapes (though mainly I'm a nature guy), but there's no doubt that cities offer fantastic subjects.

I tend to ramble, in case you hadn't already picked up on that.

Welcome aboard~

Actually it's not that bad of a city for landscapes (CN Towe, and a lot of downtown still has old historical buildings and sites).
I haven't really delved into it too much.
I like shooting portraits mainly, people and their pets.
I guess the bigger issue for me is the whole, people looking at you carrying your gear around taking pictures thing.
I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but that's just the way I am.
Plus, I'm not a city kinda guy by any means.
Go figure, I grew up in it.
=)

jacob smith

Asher thanks, like the way it's setup here, can't wait to learn from you guys.
Been awhile since I shot ('99 - film days still) but just getting back into it again.