• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Alice.through the glass.

Andy brown

Charlotte, I always admire your work even if sometimes I don't quite 'get' it.

This one is quite accessible even for a luddite like me.

Quite lovely!

Charlotte Thompson

Andy

Thank you. Maybe it would help you if I try to explain what it is I do in what I call my work. I make conceptual art out of vintage photography or my own. It is meant to dream in. I have a few Alice in Wonderland works and I see Alice in this old photo. So in my own means of expression I dive into Alice's mind and how she might have felt. Dreams are illusions. Or one could just leave it up to the observer to find his or her own dreams.

Charlotte-

Andy brown

Charlotte, dreams are often more than illusions, they can open up areas of our pysche that may be lying dormant.

This one as I said, seems very accessible, the little girl (at different sizes/ages), the cat - the child within, and the window to the future or the past...all very simple yet complex.. wonderful and easy to conceptualise.
Brilliant!

Charlotte Thompson

Andy

Thank you again for such an insightful response. Dreams are illusive little bitches"- crt .which I find hard to remember but always I am left with its feelings. So are conceptualizations metaphorically abstract thoughts which I tend to lean toward in these works.

crt-

Asher
Hi there guy. I am still learning as a matter of fact this work actually taught me a new technique! Always the illusions turn many surprises. I appreciate your reply. Many thanks!

c-