• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Vacant

Robert Watcher

Anne & I took a little afternoon drive along Lake Huron on this brisk, baren late fall afternoon. We pulled in to a popular summer resort where the town swells from 2,000 population to 50,000 visitors on weekends.

The season has ended, the downtown and beach areas empty, and a kind of doomstown atmosphere embraced the main strip.

My goal was to grab a few simple record shots with straight out of the camera, muted colour and tonality settings to reflect the mood I was seeing.

A105850F-69AE-4700-A43B-E1A9F7E7A09A.jpg

7FE1E682-30BB-4AE5-A876-25D6A63F538A.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Interesting, Robert.

I am so sorry for the employees. I guess that a lot of the service industry employees must come from out of town. I wonder why they havent managed to build a long term alternate industry.

Some places have art or music festivals to keep the pulse going. This bleakness is depressing.

586896FF-2784-436C-9D14-51DAE6B52ACD.jpg

The last picture looks like they are worried about an upcoming hurricane!

Asher