• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: By Lake Superior

All these photos are from around Chippawa Park in Thunder Bay, Canada. Cheers, Mike

chippawa_park__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpnxb.jpg

lake_superior_beach__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpo59.jpg

sleeping_giant_from_chippawa_park__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpoo6.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
All these photos are from around Chippawa Park in Thunder Bay, Canada. Cheers, Mike

chippawa_park__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpnxb.jpg

Mike, you lift my heart with these wonderful winter landscapes. This picure is tranquil. I am sure there is a lot of wildlife, but for that you need a long lens and patient family as companions!

I miss places like this but right now I appreciate the indoor heat works as the temperature here in Beverley Hills has plunged to 64 degrees Fahrenheit, a severe departure from our balmy 75 degrees +/- 8 degrees. We would withhold our City Taxes, but then we'd get evicted and freeze!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Mike,

These two pictures hide a lot of information that would be seen in spring? In the USA we have had to repopulate our native wildlife with lab raised species. Does Canada have tgecrixh original ecosystems we lost?

Asher

lake_superior_beach__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpo59.jpg

sleeping_giant_from_chippawa_park__thunder_bay_by_rufusthered-dbwpoo6.jpg

I know it is shared by Canada and the USA and so far it has not accumulated enough nitrates to kill off the fish! i knowvits a glacial lake, but where are the glaciers that feed, it as water leaves it to Lake Huron in the Saint Mary's River!

Asher

Asher Kelman

I discovered where the water comes from: many small tributaries and rivers and it takes 2 centuries for that water to leave, to Lake Huron and below!

Still we can't take this massive beauty for granted and am happy it is being protected! After all, it appears to be the largest body of fresh water on the planet!

Asher

Last edited: