• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Rubeckia hirt multispectral at American Natural History Museum

Dr Klaus Schmitt

The American Natural History Museum, NY has asked me to participate with some of my works for their forthcoming 2017-2019 exhibit "Our Senses", which has already opened its doors to the public November 20, 2017 and it will last until Sunday, January 6, 2019

4_%20Orange%20coneflower_Dr_%20Klaus%20Schmitt%2C%20uvur_eu.jpg

More about it here on my Blog:
http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.de/2018/01/american-natural-history-museum-exhibit.html
which also contains link to a Scientific American publication about it.

James Lemon

Amazing... sounds like an interesting education congratulation's! I have understood that the reason humans can see colour is for the purpose of being able to instantly detect ripe food and edible things?

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the human perception, but here, I think that the butterfly is having far more fun! :)

4_%20Orange%20coneflower_Dr_%20Klaus%20Schmitt%2C%20uvur_eu.jpg

Also, I am super proud that we have you to represent us and science in the New York Exhibition!

Asher

Last edited:

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
We do not know the full significance of color, but it adds such a lot of extra signaling possibilities that arise from the evolution of color discrimation in animals.

Plants exploit this. Then animals further evolve to optimize their competitiveness in that newer unique milieux.

Asher