• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

The flip side of formality: Amusing moments in Weddings!

Doug Kerr

Magical, maybe, but sensitive?

A couple of cute shots from my grandson's recent wedding:

The co-principal of the contract photography studio (excellent, by the way) as the bride and groom entered the reception hall (I have no idea what he found so amusing - maybe my 20D).

TJC_E28653R.jpg

The bride seeing what this 5D stuff is all about.

TJC_E28957R.jpg

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I like the spunkyness of the bride to really get into what fascinates her! That flash seems like it has a Lumedyne or Norman flash tub! What is it? I hope it takes a separate battery or that has to be heavy!

Thanks for sharing these lighthearted moments!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher

That flash seems like it has a Lumedyne or Norman flash tub! What is it? I hope it takes a separate battery or that has to be heavy!

It is a QuantumFlash T2 run (when the bride had it) with a bare tube, in the other pic with a "bare-bulb modifier" (a half-cylinder behind the tube). I'm not sure what the tube is - Will would know.

Yes, it uses a Quantum Turbo battery pack, which at the time the bride was shooting was lying on the floor.

She is indeed a wonderful girl with a great sense of humor.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I love that flash already. Bare bulb is great! Like my Lumedyne. Increasing the size would be good with a modifier.

Asher

Paul Bestwick

pro member
yea, I have wondered about bare bulb for quite a while. I would like to try it.
Too many items to buy. All justifiable of course.

PB

Scott B. Hughes

I love that flash already. Bare bulb is great! Like my Lumedyne. Increasing the size would be good with a modifier.

Asher

Long discontinued, although there is a replacement with lesser output. We use a T2 on a stick as a second light. Generally, with the standard reflector.... or the ceiling.

We have one of those 1/2 cylinder thingies... is a bronze tone for a warmer effect. Need to get that thing out and play a bit!

With reflector, the T2 is good for f13-16 at 10', ISO200.