• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Wedding Shoot With Asher

Mike Spinak

pro member
A couple months ago, Asher (the owner/administrator of OPF) helped me shoot a wedding, for which I am very grateful.

The wedding shoot went well. Here's one of Asher's shots of the bride's procession, showing his eye for good light:

1318474270_9b00d5754e_o.jpg

© Asher Kelman

And here's one of his table shots, showing his mastery at working the crowd:

1319300932_0b2cb2cc30_o.jpg

© Asher Kelman

Here's one of my pictures of the happy couple:

849717102_4be23672b8_o.jpg

© Mike Spinak

(More to come in the next post.)

Mike Spinak

pro member
I tried doing a photo booth at this wedding, and, despite some obstacles, it went well. Here are a few examples:

970928041_facc90ff27_o.jpg

© Mike Spinak

958772715_36378433c8_o.jpg

© Mike Spinak

958916861_45cc5b0cda_o.jpg

© Mike Spinak

977119659_9cd5f76ae0_o.jpg

© Mike Spinak

Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

It's a pleasure to visit with you and see you build your wedding business! Next time insist they have at least one candle to light each table in the dark barn!

I handed Mike the CF cards and had no responsibilities to deliver any images (which was nice). Photography at a wedding is exhausting but fun. Processing images in even more time consuming and one has to pay for any drinks you want!

Asher

janet Smith

pro member
Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy.

Hi Asher & Mike

I've enjoyed looking at these enormously, beautiful light in Asher's shot, love the close up of the bride and groom, and what a great idea to set up the booth and get these great fun shots, the bride and groom must be thrilled with the results, you both must be too...

Mike Spinak

pro member
Thanks, again, Asher.

Janet, I'm glad you enjoyed them. The bride and groom were, indeed, thrilled. As for me... I'm a tough self critic.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Mike,

Maybe we should show more as it was a lot of effort and even more fun working together. We should do more of this in OPF! That we we can help people on their new paths and at the same time get to experience working with realy nice people!

I also took interesting shots of the bartenders that were intended to be shown in B&W!

There is this one guy who was particularly charming and should be an actor, but isn't!

See if you processed these as they are not really what the bride asked for, just me having fun with a bunch of great folk serving the drinks!

Asher

Mike Spinak

pro member
Asher,

I did process the bartender pics. In fact, I processed them in black and white. I even included them in the pics I gave to the bride and groom, since, in my opinion, they were a worthwhile part of "the story of the day".

However, I did not include bartender pics in the bride and groom's online slideshow, and thus, I don't really have a convenient way to post them online, to link to, and display, here. If there's a way to directly post a bartender pic here, hosted on OPF, let me know, and I'll do so. Otherwise, I'll send the pics to you, and you can host 'em and post 'em.