• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

My World: Silverstone F1 GP Friday Practice 2011

Ivan Garcia

Hello to all my friends here at OPF.
I am sorry I have not been able to contribute to the forum all of that often. Busy schedules and demanding family life consumes my life these day. None the less, I managed to free up some time and promptly purchased a ticket to indulge in my other passion... F1 racing. Here for your perusal, I present you with some of the shots I took during the Friday Silverstone British F1 GP practice. I hope you like them.

Lewis Hamilton Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
_W6C2184.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/7.1 - 1/500th sec - ISO 250. Hand held.

Fernando Alonso Scuderia Ferrari
_W6C2074.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/5.6 - 1/250th sec - ISO 100. Hand held

Kamui Kobayashi Sauber F1 Team
_W6C9358.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/7.1 - 1/500th sec - ISO 250 Hand held

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivan Garcia

Silverstone F1 GP Friday practice 2011

And 3 more form the day

Jaime Alguersuari with his Toro Rosso
_W6C9418.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/8 - 1/320th sec - ISO 100 Hand held

_W6C2087.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/5.6 - 1/500th sec - ISO 100. Hand held.

Sergio Perez - Sauber F1 Team
_W6C2134.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/7.1 - 1/500th sec - ISO 250. Hand held.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Nagel

These are all great, but 'Jaime Alguersuari with his Toro Rosso' is my clear favorite shot of the series.
There is a lot of dynamics packed in this shot.

Best regards,
Michael

Cem_Usakligil

Hi Ivan,

Nice to see you post again. Thanks for sharing these, I have really enjoyed them. You've got something real good to show for a "small" entrance fee :)

Ivan Garcia

Thank you Cem and Michael for the kind comments. Yes it is good finally having a bit of free time to post and entertain my hobbies / passions. Posting here at OPF is like returning home after a long journey it allays feels warm and welcoming.

I was a bit gutted, for I only managed to get tickets for the Friday practice, the rest were sold out. Still, even though it rained hard at times, it was a truly enjoyable day out doing what I like best.. . Photographing F1 cars.

Bellow, 3 more from the day concentrating on Driver Close-up

_W6C2080.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/5.6 - 1/500th sec - ISO 100. Hand held.

Michael Schumacher Mercedes Benz GP
_W6C2520.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/8 - 1/250th sec - ISO 250. Hand held.

Nico Rosberg Mercedes Benz GP
_W6C8977.jpg

Canon EOS 1D MKIV+ EF 500mm f/4 L IS Manual exposure f/5.6 - 1/640th sec - ISO 160. Hand held.