• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Photography Education in The Netherlands

Ralph Honsbeek

Hi there ,

I love this forum and the people on it .

I am originally Dutch , but have been living in Seoul South Korea for the last 12 years.
My friend Derek who is also a photographer here and he will be returning to his home country of Canada to follow a Masters Degree in Fine Arts and Photography.

I would also love to get a higher education in photography and would like to know if anyone know
about any higher education possibilities for me if I return to the Netherlands.

Kind Regards

Ralph Honsbeek

Http://www.fluidr.com/photos/dslr_mania

I would also love to get a higher education in photography and would like to know if anyone know about any higher education possibilities for me if I return to the Netherlands.

Hi Ralph,

Here is a summary of various educational opportunities in the Netherlands:
http://www.fotoexpositie.nl/opleidingen/index.html

Which one fits best for your current level and the direction (more technical or more artistic) you aspire, is probably best judged by yourself. The list should get you going, ask for info and form your personal opinion.

I think that for the more artistic kind, the "Akademie voor Kunst en Vormgeving St. Joost Den Bosch" might be a safe choice. They offer Bachelors and Masters degree education in different directions, but you'll probably need to offer a portfolio before they allow you to enroll. There are also courses to improve the chance of admission, and for building a portfolio.

Good luck, and keep us posted about your experiences, others may benefit as well.

Cheers,
Bart