• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Review: A brief walk with Anthropics Landscape Pro!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
I have been a fan of Portrait Professional for some time. Anthropics can resculpt lips,yes and face as well as eleongate the neck or open eyes. Of course it can get rid of skin blemishes and so much more.

What is soi fascinating is that even if one has a conscience in cheating, the controls all one to be very disciplined in makimng changes so that the person is absoltely recognizable and the cheating is not readilly discernable. I have used by overall editing custom of returning to reduce whatever changes I make iwth any filter as while one is editing, one's brain is constantly recalibrating as to what is reasonable.

Today I tried a short try out of Landscape Professional, the sister program to Portrait Pro. I purposely didn't read any reviews or instrcutional videos, just depended on my intuition and previous experience with how Anthropics works in several one directional stages. First zones are chosen and painted in. Then the software automatically enhances those regions of gras, trees, sky rock etc.

I started with my result from stitching 5 images and just filling in the missing edges with "Content Aware" in Photoshop CC. Otherwise there are no edits. Note that there is not a clean distinction between the edges of the top of some of hte trees and the over-exposed sky.

[Group 2]-IMG_5026_IMG_5030-1200.jpg

Asher Kelman:: Turning the Corner

Holmby Park, The actual park!
Canon 5DII, 50mm 1.2L
5 jpgs stitched in Autopano Giga

I need some practice in fine editing and I am sure I can do better, but here is what I achieved with some 20 minutes.

Screen Shot Anthropics Landscape Pro.jpg

Asher Kelman: : Turning the Corner

Canon 5DII, 50mm 1.2L
Zones selected in Anbthropics Pro
]

[Group 2]-IMG_5026_IMG_5030-5 images_0000P_LP copy.jpg

Asher Kelman: : Turning the Corner

Canon 5DII, 50mm 1.2L

Processed in Anthropics Landscape Pro
]

Now as a comparison, I copied here the same stitched scene I had previously processed with Photoshop CC 2017 and then Topaz Clarity - "Clouds"

[Group 2]-IMG_5026_IMG_5030-5 images_0000 copy 2.jpg

Asher Kelman: Turning the Corner

Canon 5DII, 50mm 1.2L
Topaz Clarity - Clouds

Asher Kelman

My impression is that Anthropics Landscape Pro is an interesting way of localizing different elements in landscape scenes. I had several issues working against the success of this processing. First the junction between the top of the trees and the sky is not sharp. This means that if the substituted sky is bright or a different color, the edited junctions will tend to show up.

I could have carefully edited the tree edge like extracting hair in a portrait picture. Best to note this important need in taking the picture with a filter or bracketing so that the sky is not too bright.

Still, it was nice to be able to select flower beds seaprately from tress, grass and the ground.

On this occasion, my standard approach with just Photoshop CC is more realistic, but the new software does a fair job of opening up the mind to enhancements.

This kind of editing serves to "rank" elements in the photograph to develop the image to be the most impressive and evocative of the expereince of being there.

Here, I think Landscape Pro awakens even the inexperienced to the great possibilities in differential editing.

I will need to edit further examples but so far, I am interested and my appetite is whetted!

Asher

Last edited:

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

My impression is that Anthropics Landscape Pro is an interesting way of localizing different elements in landscape scenes.

Nice essay. Thanks.

I have used Anthropics' Portrait Professional for some years, and more recently their Body Professional as well. I find these to be very helpful in facilitating "portrait" work. Because of Carla's involvement in The Red Hat Society, many of my subjects are women, rather "mature", and they occasionally appreciate "having a little work done".

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

Hi, Asher,

Nice essay. Thanks.

I have used Anthropics' Portrait Professional for some years, and more recently their Body Professional as well. I find these to be very helpful in facilitating "portrait" work. Because of Carla's involvement in The Red Hat Society, many of my subjects are women, rather "mature", and they occasionally appreciate "having a little work done".

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to hear that the women appreciate Anthropics too! Have you dared to slightly nudge anatomy, like opening eyes or reshaping nose or eyes? What is your extent of bravery here?

Also, how have you found the body software? Are you using it for shedding some of the accumulated bymut redundant curves or just getting skin color on legs, thighs and tummy to match thrvarms and face?

Any examples would be so appreciated as we should show different ways in which the software can be employed.

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

Doug,

Thanks for stopping by. Glad to hear that the women appreciate Anthropics too! Have you dared to slightly nudge anatomy, like opening eyes or reshaping nose or eyes? What is your extent of bravery here?

I haven't often gone much beyond the default settings, maybe dialing some changes up or down with the sliders. I need to move into the more creative areas.

Also, how have you found the body software? Are you using it for shedding some of the accumulated bymut redundant curves . . .

I've mostly just used it for "slenderizing" so far.

. . . or just getting skin color on legs, thighs and tummy to match thrvarms and face?

No, I have not looked into that functionality yet.

I have been "invited" by one of our friends. a really large girl but cute as hell, to do a little work on her, and I plan to do that soon. I'll let you know how that works out.

Best regards,

Doug