• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Macbook Pro Screen opinions Matte or Glossy

Paul Caldwell

As you can now get the 17" screen (not sure on the 15") Macbook Pro in the Matte Finish or Glossy, what are people's opinions on either?

The Glossy screen reminds me of the Sony x-brite screens, but not quite as bright. You seem to get more apparent contrast and the colors seem to be more pleasing to the eye, however I am not sure how well that they will calibrate.

I noticed that the larger LCD's from Apple 30" are still Matte only. The 30" is a beautiful screen, finally got to see one with CS2 loaded on the machine.

Thanks
Paul C

Mike Spinak

pro member
I just got a MacBook Pro 17 inch laptop a little over a week ago. I chose matte, because I was concerned that glossy would be too annoying, regarding dealing with reflections on the screen, when I can't control the light. I have since taken a good look at the glossy screens... and I made absolutely the right decision for me.

Mike

www.mikespinak.com

Stan Jirman

It is my opinion that while the glossy screen has more contrast and slightly better saturation, it's absolutely useless outdoors, and even indoors outside of my usual cave pretty distracting. Unless you can work in a uniformly shaded area, I'd go with matte.