• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Critique desired: "Softer" Nudes

DanHostettler

pro member
my photo contribution for this day. best from europe, dan

DanHostettler_Klara.jpg

#1 - Klara

DanHostettler_Brenda.jpg

#2 - Brenda

DanHostettler_Eliska.jpg

#3 - Eliska

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
DanHostettler_Eliska.jpg

Dan Dostettler: #3 - Eliska

Well Dan,

I must give my vote to this last picture as it's the simplest and most powerful. Unlike the first picture, there's no jewelry to catch one's attention with the extra sparkle. There's no careful layering of materials out of which the model appears like a flower opening in the second image.

This picture is just minimal: light, shade reduced, boiled down to the least that might show the concept: a glamorous or even better, handsome young woman staring towards us, receptive, perhaps to union with or alternatively challenging the observer.

This is successful in spite of its brazen and overbearing use of harsh light. It works by seeming to reveal a simple and clear possibility for human communion with a woman who can stand for herself. In that, it's idealistic and she becomes almost a greek goddess.

Asher

Asher Kelman

Dan,

This is great category to expand. Sometimes, as here, less is more. For art, nudes, we like the great complete form but also, from time to time, the brain enjoys being teased and challenged to make up for what's not revealed.

So this is a special category to have. Even a geisha with half her face hidden by a painted fan is more intriguing.

Asher

Asher Kelman

DanHostettler_Brenda.jpg

Dan Hostetler: #2 - Brenda

Dn,

This picture I especially like for it's unusual composition with the sheets and pattern of the floor offsetting the figure.

Asher