• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

That was VERY late...

The new lens was officially announced today, its US price (600$) suggests similar build quality to the 28mm f1.8G which is a very decent performer. Usually, a similar design approach should benefit the narrower view angle even more… Nikon users where never thrilled by the company's 35mm offerings for several decades (they where with other primes), hence there are high expectations for this one.

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
The new lens was officially announced today, its US price (600$) suggests similar build quality to the 28mm f1.8G which is a very decent performer. Usually, a similar design approach should benefit the narrower view angle even more… Nikon users where never thrilled by the company's 35mm offerings for several decades (they where with other primes), hence there are high expectations for this one.

The G series of lenses have turned out to be very popular. The 14-24 would justify switching to Nikon from Canon! Not done it since I'm fascinated by the Sony offerings and a new MF body.

Asher

The G series of lenses have turned out to be very popular. The 14-24 would justify switching to Nikon from Canon! Not done it since I'm fascinated by the Sony offerings and a new MF body.

Asher
To your surprise Asher, I don't like the 14-24 at all, I used to have it… it's sharp alright, but the bloody thing flares like mad and it's so uncomfortable to use! I changed it for the 17-35mm f2.8 (I love this one) and the 14mm f2.8d prime. Another thing with the 14-24mm I don't like is its distortion, it's boring barrel like a 24mm behaves!!! The 14mm prime is much more interesting with its "moustache" which pulls corners out in a pincushion way!