• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

OPF was down today!

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
My apologies to all for our downtime today.

Our host company is migrating to a current form of PHP and so our configuration files had to be edited. Being that I am not a PHP surgeon, it took me some time to trace the issue and get it corrected.

Thanks for your patience and the many emails to let me know the site was down.

I hope everything is working perfectly now. If there are remaining glitches, please let me know ASAP!

Asher

Doug Kerr

Hi, Asher,

My apologies to all for our downtime today.

Our host company is migrating to a current form of PHP and so our configuration files had to be edited. Being that I am not a PHP surgeon, it took me some time to trace the issue and get it corrected.

Thanks for your patience and the many emails to let me know the site was down.

I hope everything is working perfectly now. If there are remaining glitches, please let me know ASAP!

FYI, this message did not show up when I did "recent posts". I had to do a "scan" of the list of forum sections to find it (once I suspected that the "recent posts" was not working for me).

That was by the way true for a while today before the forums went out of service.​

I don't know how others operate, but it may be that not everybody will see this message. (Or maybe hardly anybody.)

I also notice that the list of "threads that have not changed since your last visit but still contain unread posts" doesn't work right.

I suppose some part of the message database has gotten buggered during the recent "improvement".

Update (2024Z): "Recent posts" is working again.

Also "threads with unread posts" is working.

Sorry for the false - I guess I mean "stale" - alarm.

Best regards,

Doug

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief
Thanks Doug,

It could be that things have to get repopulated somehow and I guess you might have done that....but that's just a guess!

Asher