• Please use real names.

Greetings to all who have registered to OPF and those guests taking a look around. Please use real names. Registrations with fictitious names will not be processed. REAL NAMES ONLY will be processed

Firstname Lastname

Register

We are a courteous and supportive community. No need to hide behind an alia. If you have a genuine need for privacy/secrecy then let me know!
  • Welcome to the new site. Here's a thread about the update where you can post your feedback, ask questions or spot those nasty bugs!

Mystere

Chris Calohan

20072650384_b991b536eb_z_d.jpg

Mystere: Chris Calohan​

Asher Kelman

OPF Owner/Editor-in-Chief

Chris,

So glad to see the continuation of your strong work in early morning landscapes. Almost immediately recognizable as your creative output! Well done!

The asymmetry, and you being in charge of the orientation make this picture appear just right with no ambiguity!

Asher

Asher Kelman

Chris,

I'm now convinced that this is not a scene that was observed, but rather one that's imagined and constructed.

Could you explain how the picture is built and what the building on the right is? It looks like my bedroom wall of windows but the curtains are different!

Asher

Chris Calohan

It was the shot of a fishing pier at 30 seconds late in the evening. The moon was shot at the same time but it had no purpose in its original state but placed upside down in the scene with the rest of the moon scene gently brushed away, it seemed to just "fit," thus the mystery.

Asher Kelman

It was the shot of a fishing pier at 30 seconds late in the evening. The moon was shot at the same time but it had no purpose in its original state but placed upside down in the scene with the rest of the moon scene gently brushed away, it seemed to just "fit," thus the mystery.

Well, the super-sharp moon did make make me feel that the picture was constructed artfully as an homage to your previous work with the deer crossing.

This is also impressive, having the same lack of definition and interest that made the previous picture so magnetic to folk standing by in our exhibition in May at the Photo Contemporary Art Show.

I do hope you will add to the series. It would be great to have a strong portfolio set with the same motif.

Asher